2nd Shift Maintenance Technician B (12:30pm-9pm)
San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician B for our expanding Maintenance and Engineering Team!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is to follow the PM schedule and carry out repair work on machinery. Maintenance Technician's must maintain the machinery to superior performance, be skilled in operating equipment and diagnosing malfunctions. The Maintenance Technician’s duties include preventative maintenance and calibration.
- Assure Food Safety. Report Food Safety violations.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Understand electrical, air pressure, air flow and equipment repair and maintenance processes\
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run at a high performance and physical conditions of machines do not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives motors, electrical, air pressures, vacuum line, drive belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, perform other maintenance activities
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, hand tools, and power tools.
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals and schematic diagrams.
- Requisition parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Coordinate and work collaborate with Machine Operators to observe machine operation and detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
- Work in a safe manner, following all safety rules and procedures
- Must be able to work nights and weekends and overtime when necessary
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Electrical, plumbing and equipment mechanical experience
- High level of math concepts
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills
- Manufacturing equipment maintenance experience required
- Forklift certified
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.68 Hr.
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.