San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sell via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online.
SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the Full Cycle Payroll process. Verifying accuracy and submission in a timely manner. Such as managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining Payroll and 401k records, calculate accurate wages and deposits.
- Manage payroll team and assign duties
- Oversee and review payroll payments and account reconciliations.
- Process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, and third party payments)
- Health Savings Account: open accounts for new employees, biweekly uploads, monthly/quarterly audits to ensure compliance
- Ability to build and support new payroll systems.
- HRIS supported by Payroll functions.
- Federal and State: Quarterly and Annual Payroll Tax Reporting
- Assist/complete verification of employments, EDD notices and other documents as needed.
- Ensure payroll files are up-to-date and secure.
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises, transfers)
- Ensure compliance with relevant payroll laws and internal policies are being met.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and prepare reports (e.g. worker’s compensation, 401k, end of year, audits, census, EEOC, hours worked)
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Tracking 401K eligibility, ensure 401K reports are current and up to date
- Processing Loans, loan overpayments, missed loan repayments and loan defaults
- Ensure payroll compliance with the rules and regulations of the 401K plan
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Preparing reports and financial statements
- Oversees special projects as assigned
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required
- 5 – 7 years full cycle payroll responsibilities
- 5 – 7 years’ experience as a Payroll Manager or similar role
- Fundamental or Certified Payroll Professional Certificate preferred (FPC) (CPP)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculations and processes
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Strong Excel and other Microsoft Programs
- Proficient in payroll and accounting systems and software
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- An analytical mind and great math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Benefit knowledge is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.