2nd Shift Roaster Operator I
San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for a Roaster Operator I to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee:
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Roaster Operator I is responsible for producing coffee roasts according to each work order. A Roaster Operator I is expected to remain focused on the task at hand, producing roasted coffee, but also take part in quality checks and improvements, maintenance, and to be part of the broader coffee production team.
- Report Food Safety violations.
- Preparation of green coffee for roasting. Open and weigh bags of coffee as required. Dump coffee into appropriate dump station, as required.
- Transfer, via forklift, green coffee from the inventory area to the roasting/dumping area. Help keep the green coffee area organized and clean.
- Must have the ability to move heavy items (up to 150 lbs.).
- Stack and tie down green coffee sacks for disposal.
- See that the chaff collection drum is emptied as required by roasting operations, work weekends for additional maintenance.
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the roasters.
- Maintain an accurate database and production information for use with the computerized control system. Properly log-on and off the system when taking operational control.
- Maintain an ongoing fire watch while the roaster(s) is (are) in operation. See that the appropriate responses and procedures are utilized in case of upset conditions or emergencies.
- Maintain accurate records of what types and amounts of coffees are used for daily production and according to work orders.
- Complete all logs/forms/check lists (required at the beginning, during and end of shift).
- Work with the QC Team to make sure that product meets quality standards.
- Keep the Roaster, Green Coffee, and Dump Station areas clean at all times.
- Execute instructions or special assignments given by Production Supervisor or Lead.
- Work in a safe manner, following all safety rules and manufacturing/company procedures.
- Ability to problem solve; effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Report any issue with Roaster(s) using Form-07-EQ002.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and be flexible to rotate between shifts, as needed.
- Must be able to run either a Joper or Vittoria roaster (only one)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years manufacturing environment experience
- Good math skills, computer skills.
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills.
- Requires safe forklift operation.
Thisposition is a 2nd shift position 12:30pm-9pm
SFBay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical,Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off,Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.