2nd Shift Machine Operator I
San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for a Machine Operator I to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee:
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Machine Operator I is responsible for the safe operation and monitoring of the equipment to ensure proper function throughout the production process. Machine Operators I will also test and measure products to ensure they meet work order specifications. Proper documentation procedures must be followed. Machines and the surrounding area must be cleaned up after production is completed.
- Report Food Safety violations.
- Oversee operation of production machinery.
- Responsible for changeovers and/or machine setups.
- Assure proper weights are maintained by doing scale checks on bags every half hour and that the packaging is properly assembled and sealed. Conduct bubble checks on bags every half hour.
- Keep accurate counts of units produced and materials used.
- Keep area neat and orderly at all times, including the workbench and storage cabinets.
- Assure that packing material required for the day’s production is present in sufficient quantity. Monitor inventory levels of critical items and alert the Production Supervisor and/or Lead if there is a problem.
- Report discrepancies in type or quality of coffee delivered to the packaging line, note any incomplete documents when receiving coffee prior to beginning run.
- Responsible to manage Packers and ensure they are completing task and assisting where required.
- Load hoppers onto hopper stand. This requires safe forklift operation.
- Help maintain preventative maintenance schedule and repairs, if required.
- Work directly with production staff to optimize production output.
- Coordinate all shutdowns and turnarounds, including emergency maintenance requirements.
- Adhere to specified operating and maintenance procedures to insure safety, continue to train and develop skills.
- Operate a forklift and other warehouse machinery to move product to the appropriate area in the facility.
- Report any problems to the Supervisor and/or Lead.
- Must have the ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor. Must be able to operator at least one line (either One Cup or Traditional), float to other lines (either One Cup or Traditional), and move between shifts, if needed.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-3 years working in a manufacturing environment
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to coach and mentor teams.
- Develop and grow employees to improve processes and make changes.
- Good math skills, computer skills.
This position is a 2nd shift position 12:30pm-9pm
Job Type: Full-time
SFBay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical,Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off,Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.