2nd Shift Roaster/Dumper
San Francisco Bay Coffee Company is looking for a 2nd Shift Coffee Roaster/Dumper to join our expanding team!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee:
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sell via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
Our large-scale Roaster/Dumpers are responsible for producing coffee roasts according to each work order. The Roaster/Dumpers are expected to produce roasted coffee, but also take part in quality checks and improvements, maintenance and be part of the broader coffee production team.
- Preparation of green coffee for roasting.
- Transfer, via forklift, green coffee from the inventory area to the roasting/dumping area.
- Dump coffee into appropriate dump station, as required.
- Stack and tie down green coffee sacks for disposal.
- See that the chaff collection drum is emptied as required by roasting operations.
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the roasters.
- Maintain an accurate database and production information for use with the computerized control system.
- Maintain an ongoing fire watch while the roaster(s) is (are) in operation.
- Maintain accurate records of what types and amounts of coffees are used for daily production and according to work orders.
- Complete all logs/forms/check lists (required at the beginning, during and end of shift).
- Work with the QC Team to make sure that product meets quality standards.
- Keep the Roaster, Green Coffee, and Dump Station areas clean at all times.
- Execute instructions or special assignments given by Production Supervisor.
- Work in a safe manner, following all safety rules and manufacturing/company procedures.
- Operate the Grinder when required.
- Must be flexible & have the ability to work overtime and weekends
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Good math skills, computer skills.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Requires safe forklift operation.
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills.
- Must have manufacturing environment experience.
****This position is Monday to Friday, Occasional weekends.****
****2nd shift (Monday-Friday 10:30am-7pm)****
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.44 per hour
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.