Shipping Material Handler 7:30am-4pm
San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for a Material Handler to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee:
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Material Handler is responsible for retrieving product from production or receiving dock by use of forklift, pallet jacks, and/or other equipment as needed and required. The Material Handler is required to report any safety issues or work concerns to the Shipping Lead, Receiving Lead, or Manager in a timely manner.
- Work in a safe manner, following all safety rules and procedures
- Assure that all company SOP, GMP, and SQF policies are followed.
- Assure proper PPE are worn when required.
- Assure that all workers and/or visitors who enter the shipping processing/production/receiving areas are following GMP’s and SOP’s and they wear proper PPE’s as required including hair and beard nets.
- Material Handler is required to keep the warehouse, shipping docks, receiving docks, finished and raw goods inventory clean, neat, and audit ready at all times.
- Material Handler is responsible to load/unload incoming and outgoing freight.
- Guarantee product is properly marked/labeled and accurately identified in warehouse locations at all times.
- Assure that all material handling equipment is clean, neat and in good working order. Report damages immediately.
- Participate in Year End Physical and perform daily cycle counts following the SOP guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends and overtime when necessary
- Responsible for retrieving finished goods inventory from production floor.
- Required to apply corner boards, pallet caps, and wrap finished goods inventory as needed by use of pallet wrappers.
- Required to put finished goods inventory into stock or to stage at dock door for order following the FIFO method.
- Pull and stage finished goods inventory for shipment by use of pick ticket and forklift if required.
- Notify Shipping Lead or Distribution Manager of anything that is short for a required shipment.
- Record amount of pallets pulled, weight of each pallet, and height of each pallet when required. Notate expiration date of items when required by customer.
- Turn in completed pick ticket/order with all shipment information to the Shipping Lead for completion of shipping documentation.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in a Warehouse environment preferred
- Basic math concepts
- Basic computer skills and understanding of excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations helpful
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Methodology and Warehouse Management Software.
- Team experience preferred
- Forklift experience required
This position is from 7:30 am - 4:oo pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.82 Hr.
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.