Facility Assistant-Captain Cook, Hawaii
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, 401K Matching, Life Insurance
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Facility/Farm Assistant will assist Kona Facility Manager with all maintenance activities such as Facility equipment maintenance, property upkeep, vehicle/farm equipment upkeep and maintenance and occasional farm maintenance. Will be a key point in the machine maintenance operations. Maintain all inventory along with the Wet/Dry mill duties such as lifting, sorting and drying of coffee beans.
- Check and ensure the warehouse areas are clean and tidy before, during and after the operations work shift starts and ends.
- Responsible for the correct use of machinery, equipment and work tools.
- Assist with facility maintenance and repair work as required.
- Fertilizing and pesticide application.
- Must keep track of coffee inventory, including, receiving, storage, pulping and drying.
- Verify coffee cherry is entering elevators properly, that it is passing through the floating tanks and reaches the pulp machines.
- Check and ensure that the pulping and drying area is clean and orderly before start-up during and after the works shift.
- Weigh parchment coffee. Pack, sew, and stow coffee bags.
- Carry out the identification of the stowed coffee with ballots that must contain the date entry, number of sacks of parchment coffee, unit weight, total weight, and coffee quality.
- Support with identification of coffee lots and quality.
- Provide support with monthly and annual inventories.
- Report any adjustment or failure that may occur during the production process and that endangers the physical integrity of the person, the production process and/or machinery and equipment to management.
- Quality Control
- General grounds maintenance such as mowing, weed eating, pruning, as needed.
- Assist Facility Manager with day-to-day activities including housing maintenance and repairs to farm equipment, facility equipment, farm fleet repairs & maintenance, housing repairs & maintenance, projects and farm errands.
- Any other activities
Follow all company procedures and policies, especially with respect to Safety, Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to work as teams and independently
- Clear written and communication skills
- Required to load, unload and move coffee bags weighing more than 55 kg.
- Previous farm experience or knowledge required
- Willing to learn new skills
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Must maintain excellent attendance and work overtime and weekends. Valid Drivers license
- 1+ year experience Equipment operator
- Mechanic and Carpentry experience
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Captain Cook, HI
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fair Chance Act
San Francisco Bay Coffee will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if San Francisco Bay Coffee is concerned about conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting the Civil Right's Department Fair Chance Act | CRD (ca.gov) webpage.