1st shift Quality Control Technician l 4:00 am-12:30 pm
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Costco Membership Reimbursement and 40% off Employee Discount
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Quality Control Tech I is responsible for ensuring that the products SBF manufactures fit the organizations purpose, meet any and all legal requirements, plus meet specifications and customer expectations. The QC Technician I documents the product’s test results and provide suggestions required to attain the best quality product possible.
- Comply with Federal, State, Governmental and or any other appropriate regulatory laws or guidelines
- Assist with Food safety issues; scientific and technical developments; and industry codes of practice. Report Food Safety violations.
- Maintain, apply and review for effectiveness GMP, HACCP, OCIA, FDA, Kosher, SQF procedures and codes of practice.
- Insure standards are met in the areas of Food Safety and Product Quality.
- Assist with internal audits of production areas and employees to verify that all GMP and SQF standards are being followed.
- Perform any special assignments as required by the Quality Supervisor.
- Proficiency in performing the tests and inspections required for One Cup and Traditional Packaging of coffee products.
- Work toward continual improvement of work processes, testing methodology and process control.
Follow all company procedures and policies, especially with respect to Safety, Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic math concepts
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus
Salary: $19.94 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Lincoln, CA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fair Chance Act
San Francisco Bay Coffee will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if San Francisco Bay Coffee is concerned about conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting the Civil Right's Department Fair Chance Act | CRD (ca.gov) webpage.