Roaster- 1st Shift M-1:00am-9:30am Tue-Fri 2:00am-10:30am
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Costco Membership Reimbursement and 40% off Employee Discount
Here at San Francisco Bay Coffee, our mission is to cultivate unrivaled quality, strong partnerships and sustainable practices by pouring our hearts into every cup. Come join us in making SF Bay Coffee the most loved coffee in the world!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee:
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sell via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Coffee Roaster is responsible for assisting in the coffee roasting process according to each work order. A roaster dumper is expected to take part in quality checks, maintenance, and to be part of the broader coffee production team.
- Preparation of green coffee for roasting
- Transfer the green coffee via forklift from the inventory area to the roasting/dumping area
- Dump coffee into appropriate dump station, as required
- Stack and tie down green coffee sacks for disposal
- See that the chaff collection drum is emptied as required by roasting operations
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the roasters
- Maintain an accurate database and production information for use with the computerized control system
- Maintain an ongoing fire watch while the roaster(s) is (are) in operation
- Maintain accurate records of what types and amounts of coffees are used for daily production and according to work orders
- Complete all logs/forms/check lists (required at the beginning, during and end of shift)
- Work with the QC Team to make sure that product meets quality standards
- Keep the Roaster, Green Coffee, and Dump Station areas clean at all times
- Execute instructions or special assignments given by Production Supervisor
- Work in a safe manner, following all safety rules and manufacturing/company procedures
- Operate the Grinder when required
- Maintain and clean roasters on a weekly basis
- Must be flexible & have the ability to work overtime and weekends
**Follow all company procedures and policies, especially with respect to Safety, Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices**
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Good math skills, computer skills
- Must have the ability to lift and drag products 100 lbs. or more
- Requires safe forklift operation
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills
- Must have manufacturing environment experience
****This position is Monday to Friday, Occasional weekends.****
Location: Lincoln, CA
**1st Shift M-1:00am-9:30am Tue-Fri 2:00am-10:30am
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.66 per hour
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, 40% off Employee Discount and Costco Membership Renewal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fair Chance Act
San Francisco Bay Coffee will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if San Francisco Bay Coffee is concerned about conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting the Civil Right's Department Fair Chance Act | CRD (ca.gov) webpage.