San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for an Operation Supervisor to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sells via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Operation Supervisor leads a production team of individuals within a manufacturing department to drive success in the key focus areas of safety, quality, and performance. Provides directional goals, development opportunities and feedback to direct reports, both department leads and frontline team members resulting in the ability to meet daily production requirements and assignments, safe equipment operation, and quality control components for the production facilities. Additionally, works on projects/activities supporting company goals, operations continuous improvement initiatives, and business unit/manufacturing strategies and objectives.
- Collaborates with plant leadership to establish, communicate, and execute measurable production and cultural goals to deliver uncompromised safety, quality, and performance.
- Installs measurement systems that provide an ongoing real-time status towards achieving the day-to-day requirements to ensure that efficient production levels are achieved.
- Implements production practices that meet or exceed prescribed productivity and quality goals to ensure adherence to production schedules.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and learning to achieve and maintain industry leadership.
- Anticipates problem issues before they arise and takes corrective action.
- Works with the operations manager in the development and implementation of production cost standards, customer product specifications; acts as a resource in team settings to better understand and meet customer needs.
- Stays abreast of cutting edge technology through external trade shows and benchmarking of similar facilities including professional seminars.
- Coaches the production team towards common objectives.
- Applies sound motivational and coaching techniques, including team member developmental feedback and recognitions for good work.
- Manages employee contributions and potential growth so that opportunities for greater contributions can be capitalized.
- Contributes to the development of effective employee training programs, including areas of GMP’s and safety awareness.
- Helps drive and champion safety program.
- Conducts training and promotes continuous learning of staff resulting in a flexible and agile workforce.
- Recommends and implements systems and/or process controls for efficient operations, quality and productivity through continuous improvement and lean principles by establishing and communicating performance measures and results.
- Assigns specific duties to personnel, conduct investigations or research, write technical, informative or operational reports, work on special projects, attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Reviews reports prepared by team members for clarity, completeness, accuracy and conformance with company policies. Route approved reports and records to appropriate points of contact.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of productions/operations experience or
- 5 years of production/operations experience in lieu of degree
- 3-5 years in a FMCG environment – fast paced
- Bilingual a must
- Must have leadership experience
- Must have employee relations experience
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to coach and mentor teams
- Develop and grow employees to improve individual and company contributions
- Managing and delegating tasks with a team
- Knowledge of lean and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manufacturing equipment maintenance experience required
Monday-Friday – Mon 1am-9:30am Tues-Fri 2am-10:30pm
Job Type: Full-time
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.