QC Technician I (Green Coffee)
San Francisco Bay Coffee is looking for a QC Technician I (Green Coffee) to join our growing family!
About San Francisco Bay Coffee
Established in 1979, SF Bay Coffee operates as a family-owned coffee company in its third generation focused on innovation and sustainability. SF Bay Coffee has an international network of over 32,000 farmers and treats all its suppliers as extended members of the family. They offer a variety of coffee products sourced from farms worldwide, including One Cup and a range of bag sizes, all at various roast levels. The brand also sells coffee related merchandise. SF Bay Coffee sell via the following channels: club, regional and national grocery stores, and online. SF Bay Coffee is committed to sustainable and eco-friendly farming and production. The SF Bay Coffee family has maintained a tradition of quality and exceptional service since their inception. They have cemented their reputation as experts in the coffee world by spearheading innovation to create a high quality and affordable coffee product.
The Quality Control Technician I is a highly focused position to ensure that the green coffee fits the organizations purpose, all legal requirements, meets specifications and customer expectations. The QC Technician I documents the product’s test results and provide suggestions required to attain the best quality product possible.
- Comply with Federal, State, Governmental and or any other appropriate regulatory laws or guidelines
- Assist with Food safety issues; scientific and technical developments; and industry codes of practice. Report Food Safety violations.
- Maintain, apply and review for effectiveness GMP, HAACP, Organic, FDA, Kosher, SQF procedures and codes of practice.
- Insure standards are met in the areas of Food Safety and Product Quality.
- Assist with internal audits to verify that all GMP and SQF standards are being followed.
- Work toward continual improvement of work processes, testing methodology and process control.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and repairs for all analysis equipment
- Perform any special assignments as required by the Quality Control Lead and Green Coffee Team
- In the QC Technician I absence, the following employee will fulfill the responsibilities: Green Coffee Team
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-4 years in a Manufacturing environment
- Basic math concepts
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations
- Good interpretive and/or reactive skills
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Licensed Q Grader preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.44 per hour
SF Bay Coffee offers their employees full benefits:
Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K with a 4% Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account and Employee Discount.